What I've been reading lately:
- The Polygamists — National Geographic
- An outstanding article. It even quotes Warren Jeffs' personal journal: "The Lord directed that I go to the sun tanning salon and get sun tanned more evenly on their suntanning beds." Via Brooke Adams' blog "The Plural Life."
- The Volokh Conspiracy » Returns on Investment in Law School
- A continuing series. Sadly.
- Would You Have Spotted the Fraud? — Krebs on
- Are you afraid of using ATMs? You will be. Via Bruce Schneier.
- Offline Book "Lending" Costs U.S. Publishers Nearly \$1
- A silent menace to the publishing industry.
- Complaints Paint Snackable Media As A Scamville For Mobile
- This sounds just like the scammers we investigated when I interned at the FTC: "What makes all of this even worse is that Yechezkell has a history of running similar scams under different company names and has settled with at least one state (Florida) who brought complaints against him. For example, he ran a service called Email Discount Networks which allegedly would charge people’s home phone number \$14.95 a month for an email account which they either didn’t authorize or didn’t realize they were signing up for."