What I've been reading lately:
- Reid's Three Little Words: The Log In Our Own Eye | The New
- The best-reasoned reaction I've seen yet to Harry Reid's "negro dialect" comment. But I still can't help feeling that if Reid were a Republican, most of his present apologists would be silent, and his current attackers would be his defenders. I hope someday we can all grow up enough to stop making a huge deal when a politician uses a taboo word like this. I'm not holding my breath though.
- What Boyfriends and Girlfriends Search for on Google - Just what you'd expect, but still fun to see it laid out so starkly. Found via Alex Tabarrok at Marginal Revolution.
- Ragù alla Bolognese (Classic Bolognese Meat Sauce) | Eating Well - I made a big batch of this yesterday and froze most of it for quick dinners later. Very very good.
- Diary of a Paranoid Mysql
- Some advanced MySQL-fu here.